Monday, February 27, 2017

Casting Into The Wind

This is a pretty good article about the most "...fiendish instrument of toruture ever devised to bedevil the days of man." as Everett McGill once stated in Oh, Brother Where Art Though?  Okay so he was describing women but wind on a fly fishing outing can be pretty comparable to Mr. McGill's description.  I prefer option 3 that is offered in the article which describes casting sidearm and low to the ground.  I at least FEEL like I am cutting through the wind a little more and not trying to force on overhead loop through the brunt of the wind.  I liken it to cutting a log with a saw rather than trying to chop through it with an ax.  But hey, those are just my thoughts and I sure as heck am not going to say it is the best way...it's just my way...which is usually the wrong way.



Link: http://www.fieldandstream.com/flyfishing-three-tips-for-casting-into-wind

No comments:

Post a Comment