Wednesday, March 8, 2017

An Article (NOT written by me) Bashing Trout Park Opening Day in Missouri

Wow!  This guy doesn't hold back.  This article was making it's way around Facebook the other day and I just had to share it here in an effort to see what others thought.  I have seen some people online agree with what he writes and some people defend Opening Day with passion.  I'm not going to say he is exactly right or dead wrong (because I'm not judging here), but this guy has a strong opinion that he is unabashedly happy to share.  While I have not participated in an Opening Day, I have always wanted to just for the spectacle, tradition, and to say I did it once.  I will say that I firmly believe that if attending an Opening Day at a trout park makes you happy, then good for you and far be it from ANYONE to tell you how to enjoy fishing and the outdoors.  As the bible says, "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

DISCLAIMER: This article has some pretty strong language at time and might not be suitable for youngsters.  In other words, there is cursing.

Link: http://www.hatchmag.com/blog/state-missouri-has-got-be-kidding/7714333

4 comments:

  1. That is brutal. By brutal, I mean the guys name is Chad Shmukler. That is not a real name.
    Also, I am not going to disparage how someone writes a blog post, but this guy cannot write a blog post. Wait a second, I just did the same thing he did over and over throughout the article.
    Just because I say with all due respect, does not mean I can call Chad Schmuckler a doodie head.

    Anyway, opening day is not my cup of tea as I prefer a strong cup of Chamomile, but to each their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time this author say "I'm not"...He does. As in " I'm not here to degrade anyone's traditions."...yet he did. I will stand up for Chad's right to post his opinion, but he and I will have to agree to disagree on the subject of trout fishing in Missouri. as for Mr Shmukler's blog ..."There's writing, and then there's whatever that is."

    ReplyDelete
  3. So to wrap it up in a neat little bow. Without any due respect to Chad schmuckler. With no due respect, Chad schmuckler is a doodie head with an awful nom de plume.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the way I see it...Bennett Springs State Park is near Lebanon, MO., which is in the great State of Missouri, which is in these fine United States...I don't know about you but I'm not going to sit here while some
    Schmuk(ler) bad mouths the United States of America!!!

    ReplyDelete