Friday, March 17, 2017

Fly Swap Compliments of The Midwest Drift


There are a handful of sites that I religiously check every single day.  The Midwest Drift's blog is one of those sites and if you haven't ever went to their site, you are missing out.  I consider Luke Langton (runs the site) to be amazing fly fishermen and is always pushing himself to fish for challenging species and improve his fly tying skills.  I have been lucky enough to know Luke for a couple of years now and think the world of him.  He's personable, generous with his time, and has a passion for fly fishing that is second to none.  There is also a YouTube channel with some outstanding fly tying videos, and Luke's photography skills are absolutely incredible.

One of the coolest things that Luke does is every year is that he organizes a fly swap.  I am sure that it takes A LOT of time, organization, and a some money to make this possible and this was the first year that I participated.  I'm glad I did.  The parameters were/are pretty simple.  You tie six flies of the same pattern, mail them to Luke, and you get six awesome flies in return.  It sounds so simple, and for me, it was.  However, I cannot thank Luke enough for organizing this program and for all of his time and efforts.  Below are some pictures of what I received in return for my submission and I definitely came out on the better end of this deal.  To see all the submissions in this year's fly swap, just click here.










No comments:

Post a Comment