Monday, April 2, 2018

Farm Pond Bass Are (Were) Waking Up

Last weekend I got a chance to hit some farm ponds in northwest Missouri.  The smaller ponds were fishing better than the bigger ones.  In one small pond, most of the fish were out in the open.  I can only assume this was because there wasn't any cover (grass, moss, etc.) growing in the shallows near the bank yet.  On another pond, there was more moss for the bass to hide in and they were ambushing prey.  Regardless, it was a beautiful day with some pretty, hard fighting fish.  It was nice to feel a bass crush a spinner bait in shallow water, and to feel the tug of a fish that I haven't seen in quite a while.  I'm sure this recent round of weather in northwest Missouri messed the fishing up for a few days, but I'm sure they'll be biting again soon once things even out a little.








Found a baby bluegill in a bass' mouth that I caught.  One of the strangest things I have ever seen while bass fishing!


Farm pond bass fishing is back baby!



1 comment:

  1. cool!!! I live in boonies and I can fishing like everywhere here, so I understand how happy you are holding that fish <3

    ReplyDelete