Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Blue Ridge Optimist Fishing Derby & Pictures from the Weekend

My sons and I had the fortune of getting outdoors quite a bit last weekend (first time we have all been healthy in awhile) and we made some pretty special memories.  My youngest son, Cody, managed to win a contest in his age division at the Blue Ridge Optimist Fishing Derby at James A. Reed Conservation Area in Lee's Summit.  He followed in the footsteps of his brother...sort of.  His older brother Mason managed to catch the most fish in his age division a couple of years ago and won a fishing rod as a result.  Cody won a rod too but it was because he caught the SMALLEST fish in his age group.  Hey, a win is a win and nobody complained.  In fact, his fist pumping and chanting of "I won!  I won!  I won!" got a log of laughs from the attendees.  Both of the boys also won prizes from the raffle that was held.  In fact, every child walked away with a prize...and a smile!  Thank you to the Blue Ridge Optimist Club and for all the volunteers that made this event possible.  My boys and I have some amazing memories and it wouldn't have been possible without all of you!








We also got to enjoy some other amenities that the Jackson County Parks & Rec. offers.  We fed the carp at Blue Springs Lake Marina as well as the elk and buffalo near Lake Jacomo.  We have been doing this for years and are constantly in awe of the size of these animals every time we visit!










No comments:

Post a Comment