Friday, June 28, 2019

A New Fly Being Offered at the Online Fly Shop


This fly had been sitting on my tying desk for about a month.  It is very mop-fly-like and is actually tied from materials that someone was about to throw away...a bath mat.  I wanted to list it at the online fly shop but I couldn't in good conscience because it was not a proven fly.  After taking it to Bennett Spring State Park last week, it is a proven fly.  Surprisingly, I landed a fish on this fly on its maiden cast and then ended up catching about 10 more trout on it as well.  It has an amazing wiggle on the drop and a little action on the drift.  It gets down quick, casts easily, and has a little flash for bright days as well as dark shades for darker days.  It worked in the late morning when things seem to slow down awhile on top of that.  For those reasons, I feel comfortable selling it now.  It is now listed at the online fly shop and I hope it works for you as well as it did for me. 









No comments:

Post a Comment