Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Fly Tying Tutorial: Fish-Skull Sparkle Craw

Admittedly, I am not a huge fan of fly fishing with crawfish patterns.  You have to wait for them to sink, you fish them slow, and in the lakes I fish (mostly mud bottoms) they constantly bring in algae and vegetation.  With that being said, I DO know that crawfish live where I fish and bass do indeed eat them.  I consistently see crawfish antennae sticking out of bass throats so I know they are a large food source for ditch pickles.  I also haven't found a pattern that really like or that is pretty simple to tie.  After watching this video, I think I might have found a solution to both of those.  I am excited to see how this thing looks in the water and if it has some good action to it, I might have found a go-to crawfish pattern.


Link to the Flymen Fishing Company YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaIeIyLD1-KP2wBn1EPeGdg

No comments:

Post a Comment