Monday, August 12, 2019

Fly Fishing Alpine Lakes

What's wrong fella?  Missing the weekend already?  Well let's take a little break and live vicariously through Ben...he's a Huge Fly Fisherman.  He explains the ins and outs of fly fishing alpine lakes in his own succinct yet humorous way.  And let's be honest, wouldn't we all rather be there right now anyway?

On a personal note, I have had the fortune to fish exactly one alpine lake.  It was in Rocky Mountain National Park and was an experience I will never forget.  I caught the only two brook trout of my life there, saw a young moose, and almost got trampled by a mother elk because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time!  Obviously, it was an experience I will never forget.  If you ever get the chance to fish an alpine lake, I hope you jump at the opportunity.  Chances are, you will end up with a pretty amazing memory of your own!


Link to the Huge Fly Fisherman YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX5H2TAWddhGYYcCR5dc3sQ

No comments:

Post a Comment