Monday, August 19, 2019

I Broke a Fly Rod...Now What?

It was a good weekend! I got to fish on Friday night at Guy B. Park Conservation Area and Sunday at Watkins Mill State Park. My girlfriend outfished me both days, which was fine, and the fishing was pretty good.  However, just as we were getting ready to wrap things up on Sunday, disaster struck in the form of a broken rod. Wendy (the girlfriend), had a tangle around the tip of her brand new Echo four weight. I was having a hard time reaching it and bent the rod a little to get a better angle on the situation. Then, with the subtle ness of a broken shoelace, SNAP!  Regret, guilt, and anger washed over me instantly. Thankfully she wasn’t upset and it was at the end of our fishing anyway, but now starts the task of getting it fixed. I am 99% sure the rod has a warranty on it but I am still in unknown territory. Where do I send it? How long until I get it back? Will it be an entirely new rod or do they just replace the section? How mich will it cost? I’ve never had to do this before but I figure this will be an educational experience that I can share with others in case you encounter similar events. I will keep you posted on how things go...whether good or bad!


1 comment: