Friday, February 7, 2020

Blue-Ribbon Trout Slam

Would you consider yourself to be a competitive person?  Do you appreciate a challenge and the reward of completing a task that seems difficult?  If you answered yes to these questions and you enjoy trout fishing in Missouri, then you might be interested in a new program that the Missouri Department of Conservation and Trout Unlimited have partnered to create.

It is called the Blue-Ribbon Trout Slam and challenges anglers to catch trout at different Blue Ribbon trout streams around the state.  Click on the links below for more information.  On a personal note, I am extremely competitive by nature.  That's just the way I am.  Growing up, basketball was my competitive outlet.  In college and specifically in a fraternity, literally everything was a competition.  Following college, fishing has been my way of competing and while I don't fish tournaments, I am always competing.  Competing against poor conditions or the other person in the boat or simply using a fly when a soft plastic would work better.  For these reasons, I am excited to start participating in this program.  I've already got a few streams crossed off the list but I have a lot of work left to do.  Good luck if you choose to pursue this and I would love to hear from folks that do!


Link: https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/test-your-fishing-skills-through-mdc%E2%80%99s-first-blue-ribbon-trout-slam

Additional Information: https://mdc.mo.gov/troutslam

No comments:

Post a Comment