Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Karma Literally Paid Me Back!

About two weeks ago I decided to do some shed antler hunting.  A friend of mine had found an antler in early January and while it seemed early, it was also evidence that antlers were starting to drop here in northwest Missouri.  I found a spot that was open to the public and I had seen a lot of deer there before.  It was close to my house and wouldn't take long to walk so I headed out.  While I was hunting, I noticed a consistent amount of trash along the timber line.  My first thought was "Somebody should do something about this and pick this junk up."  My second thought was "Hey you big dummy, you're someone and you can do it!"  It was at that point that I wished that I had a bag to start picking up the trash.  Not more than three steps later, I found a pristine plastic grocery bag caught on the limb of a tree about seven feet high.  I easily pulled the bag out of the tree and started picking up trash while I looked for antlers.  I picked up a paper cup.  Then I grabbed a Doritos bag.  Then a piece of paper caught my eye.  When I knelt down to pick it up, I realized it was a dollar bill that was frozen to the ground!  


Now I will readily admit that I try to pick up trash when I am shed hunting for a few reasons.  It is the right thing to do and it cleans up the environment, but I'm also trying to get on karma's good side.  I figure if I am doing something good, then maybe something good might happen to me.  I guess you could say I'm trying to build up some good faith and maybe get paid back for my efforts.  Well in this case, that is exactly what happened...literally!





No comments:

Post a Comment