Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Duane Doty, Lake Taneycomo Fishing Guide and Artist!

A couple of weeks ago, I was able to attend a media camp that was hosted by the Conservation Federation of Missouri.  You'll be hearing more about this camp but I don't want to post day after day about the experience.  I could, but I don't want to put you through the same experience you had as a child being forced to look at relatives' vacation pictures.  Instead, I'll spread it out a little in order to maintain variety on this page.

One amazing experience that I had was meeting Duane Doty.  He is a fishing guide (among other things) on Lake Taneycomo in Branson, Missouri.  He is an amazing person and guide that catches lots of fish, big fish, and lots of big fish.  He can also build pretty much anything with his own two hands.  He is also able to blend these two talents together in an impressive way!

As he was telling me about his life, he started to tell me about the jerk baits that he paints.  He puts a lot of time into crafting these lures and it is a tedious, multi-step process.  He has three different sizes that he paints and each one is concluded with his very own signature and year it was made.  I don't think it is by accident that he calls these lures his "Signature Series".  Now if you would like to fish these lures with Duane himself, you can contact him through his website: http://www.ozarktroutrunners.com/.  You can also follow him on Instagram at @duanedoty and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/OzarkTroutRunners/ .

During the time I spent with Duane, he generously gave me one of his lures.  It is a genuine piece of art and I am incredibly grateful to this day.  One reason is because it is beautiful and the second is because he doesn't sell them.  He either ties one on for you when you're fishing or he gifts you one.  After thinking about it for a while, I decided that I was too scared to lose a piece of craftsmanship such as this so I decided to frame it.  I will never forget this experience so if you are reading this, thank you again Duane!  You will not meet a nicer guy or better guide on Lake Taneycomo and I highly suggest you try spend some time on the water with him or follow him on social media!











No comments:

Post a Comment