Monday, August 24, 2020

Fly Tying Tips - Rabbit Strips

I LOVE tying with rabbit strips!  They come in a lot of colors and a fly some outstanding motion in the water.  I have tied with them for years and should probably have Hareline as a sponsor because I have bought A LOT of rabbit strips from them.  So when I saw that Brian Wise published a video about tying with rabbit strips, my hubris got the best of me and I thought "What else could I possibly learn about tying with rabbit strips?"  The answer was...A LOT.  This video taught me about what to do if I crowd an eye with a rabbit strip as well as how to stop a rabbit strip from fouling.


Fly Fishing the Ozarks YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH9Ra827nueyjCl3h7aLwvA

Brian also mentions how another technique to avoid fouling that Pat Cohen has developed.  I thought I would include that video as well since he references it in the video.


This video comes you via Ole Florida Fly Shop YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKEEF2yQd7GYR6YrwmBYpaQ

No comments:

Post a Comment