Monday, August 3, 2020

Last Night on Watkins Mill Lake

I had a evening that was free last night so I decided to hit Watkins Mill Lake in Excelsior Springs, Misssouri.  The water was a little high and a little murky but still managed to catch a few on a three weight.  I threw a John Deere about two feet under a strike indicator.  Something in my mind was telling me that I should have put on a wooly bugger but either out of laziness or stubbornness, I never did.  The two highlights of the evening were catching a redear sunfish with a small crawdad still sticking out of its throat and a three and a half pound channel cat that put up a heck of a fight!  He pulled my two man boat around and had that three weight doubled over.   I got to see a rainbow too.  If you would like to purchase some John Deere jigs for your own expedition, you can either click here or on the link below.





No comments:

Post a Comment