Friday, September 11, 2020

Do YOU Have a Big Fish Board?

That's probably a silly question as I would assume most people don't.  I do however.  A few years back, I decided that I wanted to enshrine some of the more memorable fish that I have caught, but didn't know how to do it.  After seeing photographs and data at fly shops and bait shops, I decided to create my own displays.  They are nothing fancy but they remind me of some amazing memories that I have had on the water.  I don't put these on display for other people to see, in fact, most people don't even know I have these.  They are not used to brag about how prolific of a fisherman that I am...because I'm not.  It's just a way to hold on to memories and it makes me smile.  I actually ended up filling one board and had to make a second.  And since Wendy caught a really nice rainbow in Wyoming over the summer, I decided to build her one too.  

If you look closely, you will probably see some fish that aren't that big by other people's standards.  However, these are fish that are by MY standards.  My displays are also a fun way to see how I have grown as an angler.  I might have thought that a 17 inch brown trout was big enough to go on the board when I was 25 years old, but as I have gotten older, it has become more difficult for a fish to make the board.  I thought I would share this with you in case you wanted to make your own or maybe make one for a young angler.  Either way, documenting your catches is more about keeping those memories alive and at the forefront of your mind.  



No comments:

Post a Comment