Wednesday, September 16, 2020

The Bassmaster Fly

A couple of months ago, I saw a picture of a gentleman holding up a HUGE largemouth bass in a Facebook group that I am a part of.  He was kind enough to tell me that he caught the fish on a fly called a Bassmaster.  I did a little research and found out that it is a pretty easy fly to tie.  It has a rabbit strip tail, a sparkly chenille body, dumbbell eyes, and some material that looks like it came from a spinnerbait.  I tied a few up and gave a couple to my buddy Mark.  For some reason, I forgot about it until Mark and I went fishing last Sunday.  Mark pulled a Bassmaster out of his fly box and asked if I thought it would catch anything in the farm pond we were on.  My eyes lit up and I encouraged him to give it a try because I was curious if it would work.  Well, it definitely worked!  It was a really hot fly for awhile that morning and I will be tying some more up soon.  It is a simply fly to tie and if you don't have a couple of these in your bass box, I would encourage you to give it a shot!  It just might end up being a go-to fly for you or at the very least, make your morning a little more successful!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment