Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Rainbow Fly Shop

 Occasionally I will find myself talking to someone from the Kansas City area about fly fishing.  Alright, that happens more than occasionally.  You caught me.  At some point in these conversations, there is a chance that I realize that the individual has no idea that we have a fly shop in Independence, Missouri.  The name of the fly shop is Rainbow Fly Shop and it is the first place I go for all of my fly fishing needs.  I mean that literally.  Ironically, it is located less than 5 minutes away from the Bass Pro in Independence, Missouri, and I routinely drive straight past Bass Pro to get to Rainbow.  I have been going there for years and Matt, the owner, is as nice of a guy as you will ever meet.  The store's prices ALWAYS beat Bass Pro's prices and there is not comparison to the customer service you will receive as Bass Pro down the road doesn't even staff it's fly fishing department anymore (at least from what I have observed).  So if you need a new/used rod, a new reel, fly tying equipment, or anything else fly fishing related please consider patronizing this small business.

Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation for writing this post.  However, Matt has been a huge supporter of my middle school fly fishing club and I try to send business his way any time I can in an attempt to return the favor.  However, I meant every word that I wrote and Bass Pro still has a special place in my heart!  I meant no ill will towards BPS!



Phone Number: 816-886-6502
Address: 4621 S. Shrank Dr. Independence, Missouri, 64055

No comments:

Post a Comment