Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Farm Ponds Are…Getting Better


Last Sunday I was able to hit up one of my favorite farm ponds with my boys and Waylon.  I caught a few fish on spinnerbaits and their takes were extremely aggressive.  The numbers weren't as gaudy as they usually are so I think the best fall fishing is still ahead of us.  On a strange note, I caught a bass with a prominent yellow spot on its cheek.  I can't remember every catching a bass with a marking like which was extremely interesting to see.  It made me wonder about how and why such a marking becomes present in a fish without any yellow in its pigmentation.  This is just another reason that fishing is so interesting.  You never know what you are going to run across on the water and an unexpected experience lies around every corner!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment