Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Laser Bream and More About That Fly From Yesterday

So my buddy Pat (aka wiggles6854) helped me out a little bit with a fly I've been struggling to name.  It is a mop-style fly that was actually tied with something that was closer to a door or bath mat.  Here it is in case you need a picture.


Anyway, leave it to Pat to come up with a creative and thoughtful name.  While this fly has done well with rainbow trout, it has also done well with bluegill.  Now, to get the joke, you need to know that folks in the south call most bluegill-type fish "brim" or "bream".  In case you missed it last week, here's the post and in case you missed his comment, here it is below:

Ok Tyler my choice for this fly...and you can veto it....is.....The Laser Bream....you can identify variations by color, like the chartreuse Laser Bream, or green Laser bream, etc...have fun and I will place my order for some as well as some John Deere Jigs.

On another note, I wanted to share a fly that I had some success with yesterday.  It helped me catch some white bass, small largemouth bass, a BIG bluegill, hybrid bluegill, and some green sunfish.  It's bascially a wooly bugger with some chain eyes, a dubbed body, and some dubbing on the head.  It's tied on a size 6 hook so it's pretty small.  It also has a good sink rate in the sense that it does get down but doesn't sink like a rock.  It also sinks with the hook point up which helped to avoid getting hung up on moss and grass.  I tied it to resemble a baitfish but after closer inspection it kind of resembles a dragon fly nymph...potentially.  I'm thinking about making a video to show how I tie it, but for now, a description and picture will have to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment