Monday, July 12, 2021

This Little Blog Just Turned 6 Years Old!

Every year on July 11, I am humbled because I am reminded about the amazing things that this blog has brought into my life.  July 11, 20015 was the day that I posted for the first time on this site and I actually included the video below.  I decided to post this video out of nostalgia and because that it is so beautiful in terms of the words and the images that it almost moves me to tears every single time I watch it.  I hope it is as moving for you as well.

I would be remiss if I didn't say thank you to you the readers of this blog.  I wouldn't keep posting if folks didn't keep reading, I'll be honest about that.  I originally started this blog because I ran out of pages in my fishing journal and I just wanted to have a place to document my experiences.  However, this site has grown into something much more encompassing than that.  At first, I didn't really think anyone would visit this site...and I was right.  That little fact brought out a little bit of my competitiveness and changed how I wanted to approach this blog.  It made me want to not just share my experiences on the water but do so in an educational and entertaining way.  I was also able to move beyond my hubris and realized that I needed more variety to my content.  As a result, this is where we are today.  

About once a year, I like to share some statistics about this blog.  The last thing that I want is to sound like I am bragging so please do not take it that way.  I just want to share some information you because I try to be completely honest on this site.  This blog has been viewed 221,529 times at the time this post was published.  Over the last three months, it averages approximately 20,000 views per month.  I'm not sure what the reason was, but back in April, the views of this page absolutely exploded!  I went from 60-80 views per day to over 500 consistently.  I'll always wonder about what happened but I sure am grateful, which brings me to my final point.

Thank you so much for reading this blog and supporting my little site that has grown far beyond what I could have ever dreamed of it becoming.  Every view, every click, and every comment is appreciated more than you know.  As I mentioned earlier, if nobody read this blog, I would have quit years ago and went back to keeping a fishing journal on paper.  It is because of you that I try to post every day, Monday through Friday.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you very much for visiting my site whether it is daily, weekly, or just when you think of it.  Hopefully it makes you smile, think, or a little of both.  If you like the content and want more, feel free to follow me on the social media listed below.  Thank you again for helping this little project turn into a special part of my life!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/showmeflyguy/ or @showmeflyguy

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/theshowmeflyguy

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/showmeflyguy

TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@showmeflyguy or @showmeflyguy

Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheShowMeFlyGuy

This video can be found on the Travel Marquette Michigan YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgaNyneom7e3HYAKSxmysMg

No comments:

Post a Comment