Monday, January 23, 2017

Another Double Post Day- Bowfin Fishing

Southeast Missouri- I know I don't focus on you enough, so this post is for you!

If you are a frequent read, you know that I really dig everything Joe Cermele does.  His videos are great and his writing style is informative without being arrogant.  Joe seems like one of "us" in the sense that he is IN the fishing industry but still comes off as a guy that just loves to fish.  He is genuine and seems like he could be a next door neighbor.  By the way, Joe, if you happen to be reading this, the house across the street is for sale and I would be happy to show you around town.  But I digress.

Joe recently wrote an article about fishing for bowfin.  They look like a fascinating fish to go after with a fly rod (or any rod) but unfortunately, I don't think we have any bowfin in my neck of the woods.  The only place in Missouri that I have heard that bowfin are widespread and have some decent populations is in the bootheel.  If you know where more of these toothy critters call home in Missouri, or if you have tangled with one, PLEASE leave a comment in the section below.  I would love to hear from you and I bet others would as well.



Link: http://www.fieldandstream.com/under-dogfish-why-bowfins-should-be-on-your-hit-list

2 comments:

  1. What's the address on that place for sale? Thanks for the blog love, dude. - JC

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the address on that place for sale? Thanks for the blog love, dude. - JC

    ReplyDelete