Monday, January 9, 2017

Guess What That Old School Fly Tying Tool Does- The Question

The other day when I was at Rainbow Fly Shop, Matt (the owner) showed me a couple of fly tying tools that I had never seen before.  He asked me what I thought they did and I was absolutely clueless.   For the tool in the picture below, all I could come up with was that it was some sort of medieval torture device that G.I. Joe used to interrogate Destro with until he got the location of Cobra Commander.  Or maybe He-Man threatened to decapitate Barbie with it!  Wow!  I guessI had a violent way of playing with my toys back in the day.  I should probably sit on someone's couch and talk to them about that.  Anywho, the answer for what this tool is used for will go up on Friday but feel free to comment below and share your thoughts as well as guesses.  Winner gets bragging rights and no cheating (i.e. using the Internet to make yourself look smarter).  





4 comments:

  1. My guess is hackle fluffer/separator or something that does something with hackle. What I am saying is, this thing(s) performs a task related to hackle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hackle comb or hook sorter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robot mustache dress up kit...for flying tying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should have gone with robot undercover spy kit for infiltrating fly tying conventions.

    ReplyDelete