Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Ol' Buschy Tails- Boredom

Show of hands - Who’s favorite words to hear are “I’m Bored”? Hey OFG, real funny, put your hand down. You’re a teacher for God’s sake.
Anyway, those two words are like nails on chalkboard with Celine Dion playing in the background, while jackhammering. I should say while someone else is jackhammering, because if you’re jackhammering, even a Celine Dion/Adele duet couldn’t ruin the moment.
I’m all the parents out there have heard their kids say, “I’m bored”, scanned the immediate area, and found (last count at my house) 12,475,631 things their kids could be doing. I’ve tried to instill the following:


So when that never works, I list out numerous things we could do. I start out with win-win solutions, but it usually ends up with me doing whatever she wants anyway. Which usually means I watch her do whatever “we” decided to do. (I’m not kidding when I say that this exact scenario happened on Saturday. I wrote this the day before. I felt like Zoltar)
Though I talk all high and mighty like I’m never bored because I’m awesome and creative, I am mostly human. During one recent boredom scare, I came across a link and thought I would share. Since we are in the teeth of winter, I just couldn’t have it on my soul should one of our readers try to re-enact The Shining  while I’m just sitting here, methodically going through this link one by one. I’m saving lives here, folks.
So, check out this link for 75+ Ideas for Your Free Time and don’t come crying to me if you’re bored.

If anyone creates something awesome, I will receive nothing from the Art of Manliness, but please email us pics or stories at showmeflyguy@gmail.com . (Sidenote, Art of Manliness is a pretty fun site with some decent podcasts, highly recommend a thorough perusal)

No comments:

Post a Comment