Friday, January 13, 2017

Guess What That Old School Fly Tying Tool Does- The Answer

So it is time for the big reveal.  There have been some great guesses and some were pretty close.  Others have given me ideas to invent new fly tying tools and I have already patented your ideas so see you in court.  Just kidding by the way.  Here were some guesses that were made in the comments section:

"Hackle comb or hook sorter."

"Robot mustache dress up kit...for flying tying."

"My guess is hackle fluffer/separator or something that does something with hackle. What I am saying is, this thing(s) performs a task related to hackle."

The hackle separator was the closest guess, but instead of separating hackle, it was a wing separator.  Apparently using wing sections was a big deal back in the day and eyeballing the width of a wing section was just too difficult back then.  In all seriousness though, I can see this tool being extremely useful for tying a muddler minnow...if I could tie a muddler worth a darn that is!





No comments:

Post a Comment