Thursday, January 10, 2019

Progressive Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow Follow Up #1


Last night I was able to attend the VIP night of the Progressive Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow and it DID NOT disappoint!  The part of the show that I got to preview was the boat portion and I was able to snap a few pictures that I have included below.  I am also including some details about the show in case you are wanting to attend or need a little push to get off the couch this weekend.

Link: https://www.kansascitysportshow.com/

Official Name: Progressive® Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow®

Boat Show Information:
  • Where: H. Roe Bartle Hall
    • 301 W. 13th St., Kansas City, MO 64105
  • When: Jan. 10-13
    • Thursday, Jan. 10: 2-9 p.m.
    • Friday, Jan. 11: noon-9 p.m.
    • Saturday, Jan. 12: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
    • Sunday, Jan. 13: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
  • Social Media Information: #KCBoatShow, @KCBoatSportshow on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
  • This is the 65th annual show in Kansas City.
  • It is the biggest and best boat show in Kansas City, with over 300 boats, hundreds of outdoor gear options and marine accessories, and new, family-friendly activities.
  • Fun activities:
    • The Hawg Trough: a 5,000-gallon, fully stocked fishing demo tank with seminars from pro anglers
    • Willow Creek Trout Pond: kids can practice fishing for free, reeling in live trout
    • DockDogs Competition: watch water-loving canines compete in splash-friendly challenges
    • New! Progressive® Insurance Boat Club: educational seminars, virtual boating simulator and remote control pond in partnership with the Annapolis School of Seamanship
    • KC Food Truck Mafia: Monk's, KC BBQ and Road Kill Tacos
The Largest Boat in the Show and "Queen of the Show" Award Recipient by Ranger Tugs
I had the opportunity to have Jeff Busam of Voyager Yacht Sales show me around this amazing vessel.  They just started carrying Ranger Tugs about a year ago but you can see why.  This is one unique ship in terms of appearance and doesn't hold back on amenities and luxury!  Holy cow!
Link: http://www.voyageryachtsales.com/

Built for fresh or salt and able to handle big waves!  Sounds like a Lake of the Ozarks boat to me!
The stern side...I think...or is it port?  Whatever, it's the right side of the darn thing!  Unless you're looking at it head on, then it's the left.  Yeah, we're done here.



Captain's controls.

Of course it has a bathroom.  Only heathens go over the side.

Food prep and cooking area.  Jeeves, make me a steak!

The dining area (because on this boat you dine, you don't simply eat supper) has a tabletop that can be lowered or raised and a sleeping area below.  Spoiler alert: this isn't the only sleeping area!
It actually extends below the dining area.  



The master suite I guess.  I actually got lost at this point of the tour but was too scared to admit it.

Yep, you can watch TV in bed, just like at home.

The controls on the top level.  I've always wondered...if you turn the steering wheel up top, does the one below also turn?
The stern with all kinds of electronics and contraptions that I don't know the first thing about.



Ah, the view from the top!  If you have the means, I highly suggest you purchase one.

Bass Boats
Bass boats sure are shiny, but I would hate to work in the place where they sprinkle on all that glitter.  I bet you would take a pound or two home in your shoes and hair alone!

Maybe, just maybe, I jumped in, turned my hat around backwards and yelled, "Wooooooo!"  

And maybe someone from this boat "Wooooo'd" back at me!

Do I want the one that doubles as a duck killing machine or the one that looks like it belongs on an Alaskan river.  You know what, I'll take both.


Eye Catchers
It would appear that some fella learned how to back a boat down a ramp right before I got here.

No, seriously, somebody is getting fired.

What is that, a 36 stroke 1,000 horse?  Just think how big the boat is that fits this thing!

First the Lego Movie introduces the double decker couch and now Mac's Docks introduces this?  What's next, a double decker Sea Doo?  My idea.  Patent pending.  These guys were really cool too.  They told me they built this whole thing in a couple of days.  Take that Rome!
This was actually a really cool band.  I hear they play around Kansas City.  I'd love to pay more attention to them when there aren't so many shiny toys competing for my attention.
Golf Carts and Utility Vehicles

I've always wanted a golf cart and ironically, I don't golf.  I have a feeling I could find plenty of uses for it.  And what's that gem hiding there in the middle?

Go Chiefs!  If we win the Super Bowl, I'm getting one.  If we lose, I'm getting two!

How big are these things going to get!  I think I could stand in this thing.

Flat black is ALWAYS cool!

Four doors and a bed?  I thought it used to be one or the other.  Mind...blown!

Well this little darling appears to have a need for speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment