Monday, January 7, 2019

Questions about fly fishing and fly fishing Missouri

What do you want to know about fly fishing and fly fishing in Missouri?  No really, think about it.  What have you always wondered about or been curious about?  There are probably plenty of things that come to mind when you think about it.  I think we, as fly fishermen, are naturally curious and want to understand how bodies of water fish differently in different situations and strive to understand our quarry a little better.  If you can relate to anything you have read, then you will appreciate the basis for a new YouTube video series that I have decided to tackle.  I want to take questions that people have and either do my best to answer them or (in most cases) seek out those that CAN answer the questions.

Now, you might be wondering, "What's the point?  Google can answer almost all of my questions."  Well, I would argue with that idea.  For example, I want to know more about mousing at night on Lake Taneycomo.  Do you have any idea what happens when you Google that?  Let me save you the time.  Nothing comes up but I sure would like to know more about that.  See, there IS a need for something like this!  So here's what I'm thinking:

I've already posed this question on Instagram and on my personal Facebook page.  I just posted the same question on The Facebook page that promotes this site.  Feel free to pose your question there (which seems easier) or below in the comment section.  Either way, get me your questions!  To give you an idea, here is what I have been given thus far.  Feel free to add to a topic or go in the complete opposite direction.

On Instagram:
philcharleville: I wanna know more about ozark stream smallies on the fly

bertbando: I'd love to know some great places in Missouri to go other than the typical Bennett, Montauk, Meramec.

jblair71106: Mostly would like to know of places to fly fish, specifically for trout, and what setup to use at the specific places.

mbadami69: I would love to find someone to go fishing with.

Serenitybranson: I want to know more about trout in the Branson area.


No comments:

Post a Comment