Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Update: Roaring River Hatchery Renovations from the MDC Facebook Page

This is a follow up to a post about renovations taking place at the Roaring River Hatchery near Cassville, Missouri.  Looks like lot of progress is being made!  If you've never been to Roaring River State Park, it is an amazing place.  There are small man-made pools towards the head of the spring and longer, deeper runs further downstream.  Also, there is a catch and release area between the two locations which is the only place that you really need waders to fish.  This particular location holds a special place in my heart because I caught my largest rainbow trout in that area.  Obviously, I had to release it but I would bet it tipped the scales at four pounds and well over twenty inches long.  If you're planning some fishing trips or considering places to go this upcoming fishing season, you will not be disappointed with the southern Missouri gem.


No comments:

Post a Comment