Friday, January 11, 2019

Progressive Kansas City Boat & Sportshow Follow Up #2

There were too many pictures to put in yesterday's post so here are a few more things for you to drool over.  Don't forget, you can drool in person this weekend.  Here's the details in case you missed them the first time!

Progressive® Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow®
Boat Show Information:
  • Where: H. Roe Bartle Hall
    • 301 W. 13th St., Kansas City, MO 64105
  • When: Jan. 10-13
    • Thursday, Jan. 10: 2-9 p.m.
    • Friday, Jan. 11: noon-9 p.m.
    • Saturday, Jan. 12: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
    • Sunday, Jan. 13: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
The Hawg Trough
A traveling aquarium filled with bass and other warm-water species is just so cool!  Aside from just being fun to stare at, it will be used for casting demonstrations and fishing seminars.  How often do you think a pro catches one of these dudes during a demo?


Kayaks
If you are in the market for a kayak, you are going to have plenty of options at the show!  I saw everything from simple base models to kayaks that you can stand on, trolling motor options, and LED's around the hull.  However, there is one particular model that caught my attention and if you scroll down, you'll see what I'm referring to.  One kayak, made by Blue Sky Boatworks, was unique in its design and function.  This engineering marvel has two pontoon-like structures with a large platform to carry more gear or accommodate those that prefer to stand while they fish.  But the best accessory was saved for last.  The craft has a paddle driven manual drive that allows you to maneuver your vessel in a hands-free capacity...thus allowing you to fish more.  I own a kayak and I would fish out of it a lot more if I could stand or if I could fish and paddle at the same time.  This baby just checked off both of those boxes.
Link: https://blueskyboatworks.com/













KC Watersports
I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but I had never neard of KC Watersports before and I have lived in Kansas City almost all of my adult life.  Located just south of Olathe, Kansas, you can learn to wakeboard using a cable system which sounds pretty awesome!  It is also home to an inflatable park, a surf shop, and has the ability to host birthday parties and private lessons.  On a side note, I also loved the old school van that they used to display all their swag.
Link: http://www.kcwatersports.com/



Mini Pontoons
Based out of Elm Creek, Nebraska, Pond-Tini pontoon boats was my favorite boat product that I saw at the show.  I state that because to me, it had the most functionality at a reasonable price.  What I'm trying to say is that it fits ME.  They are simple, affordable, and could accommodate a number of anglers without all of the maintenance and fuss that a full size boat presents.  When I go back this weekend, I am going to visit these folks again just for the sheer fact that I want them to know how much I appreciate their product that can get even the "little man" on the water with his family!
Link: https://pondtini.com/





Other Things I Can't Wait to See This Weekend
So on the night that I attended the show, the exhibitors and vendors were unavailable but there are some folks that I definitely want to talk to and some products that I really want to check out.  Yes, there are all kinds of outfitters, resorts, and lodges that look like a lot of fun but in keeping with the theme of this site and trying to keep things Missouri-based most of the time, I am excited to check out some tackle companies that have their roots in the Show Me State.  Here's a list of locals that you might want to patronize.

Bighead Custom Baits/Fatboy Lures- Independence, Missouri

Crock-o-Gator Tackle Co./James Dill Guide Service- Sunrise Beach, Missouri
http://www.crockogatorbaitcompany.com/home-2_1.html

Tightlines UV Lure Co.- Maryville

No comments:

Post a Comment