Thursday, September 19, 2019

Missouri & Fish Wall Art Project- Part 1

So I had a half sheet of plywood laying around, and collecting dust.  In a future post, I'll explain why it was only a half sheet.  Anyway, it was laying around and I decided to try and make something out of it.  At first I wanted a HUGE 4 feet by 4 feet state of Missouri cutout, but then I couldn't get the digital projector at my school to zoom out that far.  That was the trick by the way.  I projected the image onto the wood and traced it in pencil because I have ZERO artistic ability.  Instead of 4 X 4, I decided to make it as big as I could.  In all honesty, it turned out better than I thought it was going to.  I hadn't used a jigsaw in years and I don't think it looks too bad.  I still don't know exactly what I'm going to do with it, but I have no doubt that something will come to me.  Feel free to leave a comment below if you have a good idea though.

After I was done cutting out Missouri, I realized I still had a little bit of wood left over.  Seeing as how I am not one to let...well pretty much anything go to waste, I decided to try a few more cutouts.  This time I focused on some fish.  I first traced a big male brown trout, then a female rainbow, and finally a trout jumping out of the water.  We will see if my jigsaw skills are up to the test for some things a little smaller and a little more intricate.  I'll post an update after I complete phase two.  












No comments:

Post a Comment