Monday, September 16, 2019

Tying the Near Deere

Last week I received an inquiry from a couple of gentlemen in regards to whether I could tie up some Near Deere's for them.  While I had heard of the fly before, I really had no idea how to tie one or what one looked like.  One of the guys sent me a YouTube video of the fly and we were off and running.  After picking up a few materials from Rainbow Fly Shop and with a couple of tweaks, I was ready to start cranking out Near Deere's.  Here's the video I was referencing.


Basically, its a small wooly bugger tied on a jig head hook.  They were fun to tie and didn't take long to crank out while I was watching some football yesterday.  They are going in the mail today and I hope these guys are able to land some fish on this "new to me" fly.  If you've never tied a Near Deere, why not give it a shot?  I tied up a few extras for myself and plan on giving them a try at an HOA pond later on tonight.  Also, if you ever wan to place a custom order of flies, please feel free to email me at showmeflyguy@gmail.com.  I promise to give you a fair price and be honest with how long my turnaround time is.

I extended the body a little bit and thinned it down a little so it will allow for a better hook-set.

No comments:

Post a Comment