Monday, November 30, 2020

Fishing Report from Last Weekend- The Place

There are 35 lakes in the state of Missouri that are stocked with rainbow trout in the winter.  I bet a lot of you already knew that.  However, did you know that there are 18 lakes in the state of Missouri that have stocked trout right now and are catch and release only until Jan. 31?  I had no idea there were that many lakes with that regulation.  Most of the lakes that I fish in the Kansas City area allow a limit of four trout to be taken on a daily basis.  That means as soon as trout go in these lakes, they will start being taken out and the fishing becomes a little tougher every day.  Last Saturday, Wendy, her son Collin, and my sons (Mason & Cody) drove an hour and forty minutes to Liberty Park Pond in Sedalia, Missouri, in order to catch more trout.  What we could have done was almost cut our drive in half if I would have done a little research!  I will be writing about this trip most of this week and give you a lot of details that hopefully you can replicate and catch some fish of your own.  


In an effort to help you catch more trout, I have included a list of lakes and locations that are catch and release until Jan. 31.  

Liberty Park Pond- Sedalia
Cosmo-Bethel Lake- Columbia
Kiwanis Lake - Mexico
McKay Park Lake- Jefferson City
Veterans Park Lake- Fulton
Spur Pond- Kirksville
Everyday Pond- Missouri Western State University
Krug Park Lagoon- St. Joseph
Giessing Lake- Farmington
Legion Lake- Perry County
Rotary Lake- Cape Girardeau
Lakes 21 and 28 August A. Busch Conservation Area- St. Louis
Jefferson Lake- St. Louis
Koeneman Park Lake- Jennings
Tilles Park Lake- St. Louis
Union City Lake- Union
Walker Lake- Kirkwood
Wild Acres Park Lake- Overland

I was really happy to learn that there are so many of these lakes and I plan on visiting some new locations as soon as I can.  To find more information on these lakes, just click the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment