Monday, November 9, 2020

One More Day on a Bass Pond


Last week Wendy informed me that her dad and his girlfriend were going to come visit us for the weekend.  I have known Marcs and Andrea for a couple of years now and they are a lot of fun.  I was looking forward to their visit because they are good people.  Last Thursday, I heard Wendy talking to Marcus on the phone and from the other room I heard "I'm sure we can but I'll have to ask him."  I knew what was coming.  I knew I was about to be asked for a favor.  I just didn't know what the favor was.  Wendy then came in the room and said, "Well you're going to love this.  My dad wants us to go fishing while they are in town."  That favor turned out to be a lot easier than I was expecting.  I just needed the weather to cooperate.

And cooperate it did!  The temperatures leading up to and the day of our outing were great.  Highs were in the 70's most of the week and I was hopeful that the water would be warm enough to keep the bass in a feeding mode.  When Marcus caught a bass on a spinnerbait on his third cast, I knew we had a chance for a decent day.  Marcus, Wendy, and Andrea caught all of their fish on spinnerbaits and I caught mine on a streamer.  Most fish were in the 14-15 inch range but Marcus and I were each able to land fish that were 17 inches.  Marcus caught the most which made me extremely happy.  He said that he usually doesn't catch that many fish of that size in a day.  I told him that I would gladly do him another favor and bring him back in the spring when the fishing is even better!  These are the kinds of favors I could get used to doing!






1 comment:

  1. Such a great Instructor!! Had the Best Day Fishing 🎣 Ever!

    ReplyDelete