Monday, November 16, 2020

Trout Are Back in Kansas City


Last Tuesday, the Missouri Department of Conservation stocked eight lakes in the Kansas City Area with rainbow trout.  This is an annual event and a great opportunity for anglers in the area to keep chasing fish even with lower water temperatures that will slow catch rates for traditionally fish.  Here is a link to the full press release from MDC: https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/rainbow-trout-stocked-mdc-winter-fishing-kansas-city-area 

Yesterday morning, I was able to fish at Capital Federal Sports Complex (formerly known as Fountain Bluff Sports Complex) with my buddy Corey.  I caught 6 while Corey caught a couple less and had a great time.  I am extremely grateful that MDC stocks these fish in the area because it always extends my fishing season until the lakes get hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment