Thursday, November 26, 2020

What I am Thankful For (in Regards to Fly FIshing)

I did NOT tie this by the way!

A few years ago, I wrote a Thanksgiving post.  If you want to check it out, just click here.  I thought of a few more things that I am thankful for and wanted to amend the list a little bit.  I would love to see what you are thankful for so feel free to leave some thoughts in the comment section below!  Here's my list of ten more things that I am thankful for when it comes to fly fishing.

10. Casting with the wind and not against it.

9. Wiggling a fly out of a tree that you put it in without breaking it off.

8. Watching a fish eat your fly. 

7. Netting a fish before it breaks off.

6. Watching a fly all out of a big fish's mouth seconds after you land it.

5. Standing in a river with waders on and not having them leak.

4. Catching a fish at the same time as your fishing partner.

3. Catching a fish on a fly you tied.

2. Catching a fish on a fly you tied and invented.

1. Teaching someone to fly fish.  It's even better if that person is a friend or relative.



No comments:

Post a Comment