Tuesday, June 21, 2022

A Dream Finally Came True


There was an interesting fact that was left out of yesterday's post about my Father's Day fishing report from Watkin's Mill State Park.  I left it out because I felt that it was deserving of it's own, dedicated post.

I have been throwing a tandem wooly bugger rig for a few years now.  It seems to make more sense to have two flies in the water rather than one.  At first, I was apprehensive about throwing two flies because of the tangles I thought that would occur, but even with my average (at best) casting, I really don't end up with many issues.

I feel like there is a natural inclination that comes along with throwing two flies.  Who wouldn't want to catch two fish at the same time.  Well, until last Sunday, I had never pulled that feat off but I can check that box now.  

After getting one fly hit by one fish, I really never felt the second one hit or even notice that I had two fish on at once until I got the fish to the boat that hit the lead fly.  I noticed something felt "off" when I tried to pick it up out of the water.  It felt heavier that it should have and that's when I looked down and noticed the second fish.  This was something that I have always wanted to accomplish and it was just as cool as I thought it would be.  It seemed apropos that this occurred on Father's Day.  Maybe it was some sort of divine intervention that decided to give me a gift I had always wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment