Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Catching Fish in Flooded Vegetation

Yesterday, there was a window between thunderstorms where I live near Kansas City, Missouri.  With all of the rain that we have had in my neck of the woods, I knew the water was going to be high which meant fish would be looking for new homes potentially.  My hypothesis was that since the normal shallows and vegetation was now deeper, that the fish would be in the newly flooded vegetation can calling it a temporary home.  That turned out to be partially true.

I did catch some fish in the new, shallow water but some were also off the bank in their usual spots that had simply become deeper.  I decided to throw a tandem wooly bugger rig since I thought they would be chasing displaced baitfish.  I went with a black wooly and a lighter one since the shallows were actually fairly clear but the deeper water was pretty stained.  I caught fish in both locations on both colors.  I wasn't able to pull off the two-fish-on-one-line trick that I was hoping for.  That is a goal that I WILL accomplish one day however!







No comments:

Post a Comment