Thursday, June 2, 2022

Update: The Rod Transport System is DONE!



Most projects that I undertake turn out about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way that I want them to turn out. This project, however, was an exception!  It turned out EXACTLY the way that I wanted it to and I don't see myself going without this rod transport system.  To get caught up on some of the other details, just click on the links below.




Since the last post, I added some lock washers.  I noticed that some of the nuts were coming a little loose and hopefully this addition will keep that from happening again.  If not, I'm going to use some thread lock but really don't want to do that unless I have to.  I'm not sure if I want something that permanent.  

The project got capped off with a paint job.  I sanded all of the surfaces that I could with 200 grit sandpaper and then with 300 grit sandpaper.  After wiping off the surfaces I applied some gray spray paint.  Aside from a little bit of dripping, they look great.  I don't look like a plumber anymore.  Not that there is anything wrong with plumbers, I'm just not one.  To make the tubes pop just a little, I threw on some Show Me Fly Guy stickers and those look great too, in my opinion.

So that's it...for now.  I have a few other ideas like maybe paint "Show Me Fly Guy" on the middle of the tubes or maybe throw up some more stickers.  I might also build another tube or maybe even a couple more.  Who knows, but for now, I'm done.  I love what I have made and the functionality is something that I greatly appreciate.














No comments:

Post a Comment