Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Flies are...flying...out of the Etsy store. Thank you everyone!



Apparently, the increased fish activity that most folks should be experiencing is resulting in more folks fishing and needing flies as well.  I have been spending a lot of time whipping up custom orders and taking care of orders that have come in through the Etsy store.  Folks have been buying jigs, small streamers and bigger streamers and I could not be more grateful.  Thank you to everyone that has checked out the store and thank you to everyone that has made a purchase.  I'm working on some special assortments for the holiday season so be on the lookout for those.  I'm also taking custom orders as well!  Feel free to email me at showmeflyguy@gmail.com if you want something specific.  I promise that I will be honest in regards to whether I have the materials and/or skills to tie what you want.  

I believe in being transparent with customers because I think you deserve to know where your money goes.  I take all of the profit made off my flies and I put it into an account.  While I take some money out of that account from time to time to partially pay for some fishing trips and some fly fishing equipment, most of it gets saved.  I'm trying to save up for a boat like the one I posted about yesterday.  My dad taught me that I should plan to finance a house and a vehicle.  Beyond that, he taught me that if I want something, I need to work and save for it.  That's exactly what I am trying to do.  I mow yards and do some other odd jobs that puts money in that account as well.  I call it the "boat fund" and one day, I will have what I need to reach my goal.  So if it makes you feel good to know that you are helping to fund a start-up business by purchasing some flies, then that's a good thing too!

Below is a link to my store.  I would be happy to complete an order for you.  I have fished all of these flies and I can vouch for them.  I only sell flies that I have full faith in and I have fished them all with success.  I believe that they can work for you too.  I tie these flies with the idea that they need to meet my highest standards.  I want these flies to look BETTER than the ones that are in my fly boxes because if someone is going to pay their hard earned money, they deserve my absolute best effort.  You get the best of my abilities, I promise.  Whether you buy flies or not, hank you again for reading this post and visiting this blog!  Your support is appreciated more than I can describe!

No comments:

Post a Comment