Monday, September 19, 2022

I Found the Boat I Want

I want, nay, I need a boat. If a guy is going to be a fishing guide, a guy needs a boat to take clients out. Thus, I need a boat.  This is the boat I need.  I need a shovel...

...because I can dig it!  I like the fact that this boat is made in Missouri.  I like the army green.  I like the aluminum, welded construction.  I like the tiller motor.  I like that there is a deck to cast off and a shallow area for little kids to stand in and not risk falling out of.  This boat is simple, but that's like me.  I don't need a lot of bells and whistles.  I don't need the top of the line equipment.  I won't spend money beyond my means and I'm not flashy by nature.

This is not THE boat.  This is the boat that gets me to THE boat.  THE boat will a higher maximum persons capacity.  This boat is a bridge.  Maybe I don't buy this exact boat, but this boat is the type that will get me to where I want to go.

I watched a documentary about Kid Rock quite a while ago.  Whether you like the guy or not, I appreciated his passion and desire.  When he released his most popular album, Devil Without a Cause, he declared that he would settle for nothing less that going platinum which means selling one million albums.  That drive and ambition is admirable.  That "nothing can stop me or hold me back" attitude is what this country was founded on and what drives people toward reaching goals.

I have goals.  I have a lot of things that I want to do during my time on this earth.  Showing people the beauty of the outdoors, the serenity that comes from nature, and the adventure that is available to all of us if we seek it are just a few.  I've been lucky enough during my life to create some amazing memories and many of them have come in the great outdoors.  As our society becomes more sedentary, we need to be reminded that true excitement comes from real world experiences.  The snap of a twig when you're in a deer stand and the tug of a fishing line is what will make your heart race more than any video game or movie.  

This boat will help me reach my goal of being a fishing guide.  The grad classes that I am taking right now will afford me the raise that I need to be able to purchase said boat.  It's all connected and all part of a bigger plan.  To reach my big goal of being a guide, there are a bunch of little goals that have to be reached in order to get to the big one.  I'll get there one day, but until then, I'm just going to keep getting better as an angler, cranking out grad class assignments, and keep my eye on the prize.



No comments:

Post a Comment