Wednesday, November 23, 2022

A Fly Swap Between Friends



A few days ago, a buddy of mine, Brayden, and I were sharing some pictures of some flies that we had recently tied.  I really admire this guy's skills and shared my admiration with him.  To make a long story short, we ended up deciding to swap a few of my flies for some of his.  This way, he gets some of my flies that he likes and I get some flies that I've never tied before and in some styles that I don't usually tie with.  We are hopeful that we can share out good experiences with one another's flies and have a win-win situation.  I wanted to pass this idea along in case anyone was interested in doing something similar.  It's a fun way to keep you tying, to do something nice for someone else, and get something back in return.  It's also a good way for us to keep in touch and get inspiration for future patterns.  

I also wanted to promote Brayden as a fly tyer as well as his Instagram account as well.  He's a really cool young man that has caught the fly fishing bug in a strong way.  He's filling some orders right now for a local fly shop, but if you see anything you dig, feel free to message him on Instagram to inquire about a possible order.  You can also visit his Etsy store to look at his inventory and place an order that way if you prefer!

Check out Brayden's Instagram Account: @stinkylefthandfishing









No comments:

Post a Comment