Thursday, November 24, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hopefully you are able to have a wonderful day with friends, family, and/or doing what you love.  I just got done hanging some Christmas lights and cranked out a few flies.  I think I might head down to a local, stocked trout pond here in a minute to enjoy some peace and quiet before our house is filled with a dozen family members and half of a dozen dogs.  I also wanted to take a moment to express how thankful I am for all of the viewers of this site.  You really have no idea how much your views mean to me.  I am always thankful that there are people that enjoy the content that I put out and like what I write.  Writing is a passion of mine and it fills my heart with joy to know that there are folks out there that enjoy it.  If it weren't for people like you, doing what you are doing at this very instant, this site/blog would cease to exist.  So thank you for stopping by, thank you for reading, and thank you for supporting my passion.

Here's a list of other things that I am thankful for and in no particular order.
  1. My friends and family
  2. Farm ponds
  3. Online fly shop sales
  4. Topwater blowups by largemouth bass
  5. Insect sipping trout
  6. Watching a strike indicator go down
  7. Seeing a smallmouth dart out of cover to inhale a streamer
  8. Donuts
  9. Lunch money streamers
  10. 8 weights
  11. Double hauling and shooting line
  12. Senyo's laser dub
  13. Gamakatsu B10S stinger hooks
  14. Rodeos
  15. My teaching job and my students
  16. Fishing guides
  17. The great state of Missouri
  18. Stocked trout thanks to the Missouri Department of Conservation
  19. 8 point bucks
  20. Brown trout, even the small ones
  21. Catfish that you didn't expect to catch
  22. Gar, even though I just can't seem to catch one
  23. Carp because they are pretty in an odd way
  24. Public water
  25. Trout parks
  26. Lake Taneycomo
  27. The boat that I don't have yet, but I'm saving for
  28. Drift boats
  29. My truck and fly rod transportation system
  30. My small boats that I do currently own
  31. Trolling motors
  32. Waylon
  33. Almost being done with my graduate degree
  34. The ability to put food on the table, keep the lights on, and clothing on backs
  35. Bluegill, redear, and green sunfish on a slow day

No comments:

Post a Comment