Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Potential Big Change to James A. Reed Wildlife Area


If you live in the Kansas City metro area and like to fish, you have probably at least heard of James A. Reed Wildlife Area.  It is a HUGE area with many lakes to fish.  It is also what I would consider the premier fishing destination for bank fishers.  I have fished there, taken kids there, and shed hunted there.  For years though, I have always wanted to put a small boat on some of the lakes though.  There are obvious spots that would be great for fishing that bank fishing just can't access.  Well apparently enough people feel the same as me and have made their voices heard because a few lakes at Reed just might offer small watercraft to be utilized.

My first thought was excitement!  I think this could provide excellent fishing opportunities for people with small boats.  It is what people have wanted for years and they might be getting what they asked for.  On the other hand, maybe (and I'm not a biologist by any means) it is those inaccessible, secluded areas that keep fish populations steady and healthy.  I'm a little torn on this decision because I can see both the positives and the negatives.  You can provide your input by clicking the link below.  You will get the chance to read more of what is being proposed and provide your own feedback to the decision-makers that will ultimately determine what path to take.  Let your voice be heard if you feel strongly one way or the other because MDC really does want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment