Monday, October 31, 2022

Last Bass Fishing Trip of the Year


My buddy Corey and I were able to fly fish for some farm pond bass yesterday, and it will most likely be the last time that we get to throw streamers for largemouth in 2022.  The bite was good, not great.  The takes were sometimes aggressive and sometimes subtle.  It was exactly what you would expect from fish that are getting cold and feeling the effects of shorter days as well.  I think Corey ended up boating around 9 bass and I probably landed 8.  We caught them on baitfish lunch moneys, black lunch moneys, a chartreuse caboose and a big crayfish fly.  

It was a bittersweet day.  It was fun as always getting to catch fish with one of my best friends, but knowing that we wouldn't be doing this for quite some time made it about as gloomy as the day's weather was.  Looking back on fly fishing for bass in 2022, I can say that I learned a lot.  I found some new flies that work, learned some new tactics, and can't wait to throw some sinking line for bass that are suspended during the winter and summer months.  

I will miss chasing bass but I'm excited to turn my attention to some winter trout fishing.  I'm going to try to get to Taneycomo, a trout park, and some lakes that will be stocked with trout by the Missouri Department of Conservation. While I won't be chucking big streamers for big fish, I'm excited to use some lighter weight rods to catch some beautiful fish...right after deer season in a couple of weeks!















No comments:

Post a Comment