Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Fishing with the Wife and Waylon


Last Sunday was one of those days that you hope for.  The weather was perfect, the fish were biting enough to keep everyone happy, and I got to spend time on the water with my wife and dog.  We didn't catch anything big, but we caught some bass, bluegill, and redear sunfish.  The bass were in the shallows and appeared to be chasing baitfish.  The bluegill were off the bank and about 6 feet deep.  The bass hit white and olive wooly buggers and the bluegill hit black jigs with chartreuse heads under indicators.  I have not fished the fall really hard the past few years for bass and bluegill so this was a learning process.

Speaking of learning, Wendy and I learned a very valuable lesson.  We need a bigger boat.  There just isn't enough room for her, Waylon, and I.  I don't know how many times Wendy or I said "We need a bigger boat."  I have been looking at boats for a couple of months now and I will be pulling the trigger on something hopefully within the next year.  





No comments:

Post a Comment