Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Corey's Dove Decoy System


If you frequently read this blog, you have seen and read about my buddy Corey.  He's a generous guy with a big heart.  He's also extremely intelligent, a craftsman, and loves to work on challenging projects.  So when we started discussing the idea of having some sort of apparatus to display dove decoys to enhance our dove hunting experience, I knew Corey was going to come up with a solid idea.  What I wasn't prepared for was how incredible his design and construction was going to be!

As you can see, Corey made a contraption that is lightweight, portable, and even extendable.  The decoys are attached to a piece of PVC that can be placed at 12 feet when it is at it's lowest height and almost 16 feet at it's highest point.  The frame is anchored to the ground with some rope and tent posts.  During our hunt last Monday, we hiked the apparatus into our hunting spot in one trip and had it set up in less than 5 minutes.  

I am amazed by what my friend made and I'm lucky to have a friend that is as crafty and passionate about the outdoors.  We need to give it some more time in the field to determine how well it works for drawing in doves.  However, the one dove that I shot on Monday was headed in the general direction of our decoys.  While I'm unable to use enough data to call this apparatus a wonderful success, it sure looks like it could be!




No comments:

Post a Comment