Monday, September 16, 2024

Iron Fly, Presented by Frontline Fly Fishing, was Amazing!


I wanted to give a short recap on the Iron Fly that I have promoted a few times, especially since it was my first time attending the event.  I had tried to attend in the past but something always seemed to get in the way.  To say that I had a wonderful time would be a gross understatement!  The people were amazing, the events were fun, and it's just fun to hang out with like-minded folks.  There were fly tying competitions, a live auction, and a silent auction.  There was a raffle, amazing food, and time to just socialize which was really nice.  There was an amazing video that was shared that I hope to share on this site soon as well as a special presentation of a bamboo fly rod to a special member of the organization.  

I want to make sure that I make it very clear to everyone that I have never served in the military or as a frontline worker.  I haven't witnessed the tragedies that many of the members of this organization have witnessed.  Frontline Fly Fishing's goal is to connect frontline workers in a way that allows them to share their experiences and receive support from fellow members.  While I have not been a part of that component of the group, what I have witnessed is my heroes (and that's not an exaggeration) be as passionate about fly fishing and fly tying as any humans that I have ever met.  There has not been a single instance where I have ever witnessed a group member reveal their inner struggles and every time I hang out with these folks, they are nothing but happy and enthusiastic.  

What that says to me, as an outsider looking in, is that the group must me accomplishing it's mission.  That's what I see on my end at least.  The folks that are members and facilitators of Frontline Fly Fishing are as kind, warm, and welcoming as any people you will ever meet.  If you know of someone, or maybe even yourself, that would benefit from being a part of such an organization, please email me and I will put you in touch with the right folks.  I've seen this group change lives and I foresee it continuing to positively impact the lives of people for a long time.  Please email me at showmeflyguy@gmail.com if you would like some contact information and/or more details about the organization.





No comments:

Post a Comment