Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Frontline Fly Fishing's Fundraiser Reminder: Don't Miss the Iron Fly this Saturday!

 

If you live in the Kansas City area, I wanted to give everyone a final reminder about the Frontline Fly Fishing Fundraiser this Saturday, September 14.  The group will be hosting an Iron Fly event at Smoke Brewing Co. in Lee's Summit, Missouri, from 1-6 PM.  This is the biggest fundraiser of the year for Frontline Fly Fishing and I have been fortunate enough to addend some events that organization has put on for years.  

The mission of Frontline Fly Fishing is to teach and develop fly fishing and related skills to promote healing for current and former military, first responders, and others.  I have seen this organization impact the lives of a lot of good people that have served this country and local communities.  I believe in supporting those closest to us first and to branch out to the rest of the world second.  If there was an organization that I was going to support, this would be the one.

The event will include tying challenges, an auction, and comradery between good folks and a sport we love.  I have personally donated some flies, a copy of my book, and a fly box for the auction.  I've also donated a gift certificate for either a 1/2 day guided fly fishing trip or an evening of tying flies together where I provide all of the materials and patterns.  Don't worry, I'm sure there will be better things than that at the event so don't base any conceived notions on your dislike of my donations.  So if you're free and want to hang out, tie some flies, and support an amazing organization, I would love to see you there and I'm sure Frontline members would too!

No comments:

Post a Comment