Saturday, September 14, 2024

Winter is Coming

This is your friendly reminder that fishing, in a lot of places, is going to start slowing down in the coming months.  If you need some extra motivation to hit the water this weekend, there it is.  Sure, trout streams can be fished all year long as well as lakes stocked with trout.  For me though, I live quite a ways from those places and don't get to access them as much as I would like.  If you fish warm water impoundments, the fishing should be getting better as water temps cool this fall but you will notice a sharp drop off when the temps get to a low enough temperature that fish slows fish metabolism and fish activity. 

On the other hand, if you are a deer hunter, like myself, deer seasons is going to be heating up in the next few months.  I've been checking trail cameras for a few weeks now and wanted to share some pictures that I have received.  I'm actually thinking about bowhunting for the first time in decades in an effort to extend my season and get outdoors a little more when the fishing slows down.

Regardless what you do, I hope you get outdoors this weekend to enjoy some peace and serenity.












No comments:

Post a Comment