Monday, May 22, 2017

Last Weekend's Fishing Report



Yesterday, I got to do something that I always enjoy but don't get to do enough of- I got to go fishing with my buddy Jim.  You see, Jim and I have been friends since eighth grade.  We were inseparable in high school and sometimes my own mom would mistake us for one another if we had our backs to her.  After high school, Jim and I took very different paths but have always stayed in touch.  He's the type of friend that you can go months without seeing, but within the first five minutes of  spending time together, the months feel more like hours.


As I eluded earlier, Jim and I are a lot alike but have lived very different lives.  Jim works on an assembly line for a automotive manufacturer.  He likes concerts, pool, and poker.  With that being said, he's not much of an outdoorsman.  That doesn't make him bad, just different.  Think of it like this, he helps me how to put an 8 ball in a corner pocket and I help him to Texas rig a worm.  That doesn't make one of us "good" or "bad," just different.  That's why I am elated to hear Jim tell me that he was free last Sunday and willing to do some fishing with me.  This is a rare treat for me because our schedules don't always jive and to be honest, I bet Jim would rather do something other than go fishing.  But that's the type of friend that Jim is because he is willing to do what I want to do rather than put his own needs first.  And if I am being completely honest, it doesn't really matter what the activity that Jim and I are participating in, we're going to have a good time and share some laughs.  I feel confident in saying that we could enter a quilting bee and have a blast!


Jim and I were able to hit one of my favorite farm ponds and the fish were biting pretty well.  Jim caught the biggest bass of his life (1.5 pounds), I caught some 8-9 inch bluegill on a five weight fly rod (can't wait for my Woodard 4 weight to arrive), and I caught a bass that went 2-3 pounds.  Overall, it was a beautiful day on a Missouri farm pond with one of my best friends.  Good times!





 






No comments:

Post a Comment