Wednesday, May 17, 2017

New Supporter and New Survey Tool


New Supporter
You might have noticed (and judging by the increase in page views, you probably have and thank you) there is a new supporter up on the site and one that means a lot to me.  Rainbow Fly Shop now has a banner prominently displayed on the left column of the site.  Rainbow is located in Independence, Missouri, and has been around for years.  It is the closest fly shop to my house, a place that I visit once a week, and the owner, Matt Sutton, is a heck of a nice guy.  I can't say enough good things about Rainbow and I highly encourage you to visit their site and/or give their store a visit.  You'll get that "Trout Stream Fly Shop" feel even though you are over 100 miles from trout water.

While we are on the subject of Rainbow Fly Shop, I wanted to thank Matt for hosting me last Thursday night and allowing me to present to the regular fly tying group that meets there on a weekly basis.  Also, I wanted to thank the group for being so positive and responsive to the blending materials technique that I covered.  You guys were GREAT to work with and I would love to come back and in the future and maybe present on articulated streamers!



New Survey on the Site
I ran across a new tool the other day that blogger offers that I thought might give you guys an opportunity share your thoughts and for me to get to know you a little better.  The survey for this week is about Missouri Trout Parks.  Your feedback is welcome and appreciated and if you have any ideas for future surveys, please feel free to leave them in the comments section or email me at showmyflyguy@gmail.com.  This site is NOTHING without its viewers and I cannot thank you enough for your support and feedback.

2 comments:

  1. The survey isn't very prominent. I almost missed it...is there a way to make it stand out? Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could make it stand out more and thanks for the feedback. Blogger really decides how big it is and I only get to use what is given. I will try to post updates as to the data that I get from the survey and notify folks when a new one goes up. Thanks again for the comment!

      Delete